In response to the COVID-19 outbreak, please know that the staff at Camden Pet Hospital is continually monitoring updates from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Minnesota Department of Health regarding the information about Coronavirus pandemic. To help protect staff and clients alike, we want our clients to be advised of the following:
- We have implemented carside appointments. When you arrive for your pet’s appointment, please call us at 612-522-4374 to let us know you are here. Do not come into the building. A technician will gather your pet’s medical history regarding the reason for your visit, and will then come out to retrieve your pet to bring it into the building while you remain in your car. The veterinarian will perform their exam and then contact you via phone to discuss next steps, so it is important that your phone is accessible and you remain close to the clinic in the parking lot. We will then deliver your pet back to your car along with any medications and supplies to go home, and will have you pay via phone.
- If you would like to pick up a larger supply of your pets’ medications or prescription food, please call us and ask. Most of the time we’re able to accommodate this.
- To help eliminate/reduce the need for additional trips, we strongly encourage the use of our online pharmacy at https://camdenpet.vetsfirstchoice.com/. By ordering through our online pharmacy, instead of picking up your meds at Camden Pet Hospital, the online pharmacy can deliver them straight to your door, saving you a trip and keeping everyone safer!
- If you wish to pick up your meds/food at Camden Pet Hospital, when you arrive, instead of coming into the clinic please call us at 612-522-4374 and we will bring your pet’s food and medication out to you in your car. We also strongly encourage payment over the phone instead of in person.
- We have added additional cleaning and disinfecting to our already rigorous cleaning standards. Our clients, patients, staff, and their families are our top priority. We want to do everything we can to keep everyone safe. Please do not be alarmed if you see us disinfecting or wearing gloves.
- We strongly ask that if you are sick, and your pet has an appointment, please reschedule. We will be more than happy to help accommodate you and your pet at a time when you are feeling better. Consider sending a family member or friend to your pets’ appointment if you are not feeling well. The doctor can call you over the phone to discuss your pet’s appointment and discuss recommendations going forward.
- At this time, there is no evidence that dogs, cats, or other household pets can spread COVID-19. No animals in the United States have been identified with the virus. However, CDC is recommending that people who are sick with COVID-19 limit their contact with pets and other animals, just as they would restrict contact with other household members. This conservative approach helps protect pets and other animals. Source: https://www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/coronavirus/prevention.html
As this is a rapidly developing situation, we will be continually monitoring the situation and watching for updates from the Minnesota Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and acting accordingly.
For more information we encourage you to visit the following websites:
If you have any questions, our team is happy to help! We can be reached at 612-522-4374, or firstname.lastname@example.org